Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Creating Craft. I am taking a course at a local shop in order to make a dress.

I enjoy sewing. I have been able to teach myself how to make bags, knitting needle holders, and other various household things. Here are examples:


A simple over shoulder purse with one interior pocket and an adjustable strap. I wanted a purse with a short strap for around town walking, but then have it longer for commuting on my bike as a sling across my body.


This is a simple hobo bag. It has one large exterior pocket and one small interior pocket. There are two sets of clasps for the shoulder strap, one leaves the bag open and slightly larger and the other allows the top to fold over and create a mock flap.


Here is a large tote bag of similar style to the Vera from Vera Bradley. It has one exterior pocket and 8 interior. I embroidered a tree bark pattern onto the front of the bag for a little flare. This bag holds everything and is incredibly durable.

Up until this point, however, I have not been successful when making clothes for myself. Buying clothes at thrift stores and then slight altering them to fit me has been a blast. I just can't seem to make clothing from scratch with or without a pattern. It never fits right in the end. So I am taking a class at my local knitting/sewing store, JP Knit and Stitch. I am so excited.
Here is the pattern we will be making:

Here is a link to JP Knit and Stitches website and the class sign up: http://jpknitandstitch.com/event-registration?regevent_action=register&event_id=522&name_of_event=Colette%20Crepe%20Wrap%20Dress%20Workshop

And this is the fabric I have chosen to make the dress: Victoria & Albert-Garthwaite PWVA013 Medallion



This may or may not be art, but it sure will be fun to do and learn a new skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment